Sunday, May 6, 2007

Let's Send Heller Back to Carson City

Dean "Helluva" Heller has struck again:

When the question comes, Rep. Dean Heller pauses and then chuckles.

But he doesn't duck.

Yes, he says, it's fair to assume he eventually will run for governor of Nevada.
"I'm a Carson City guy," Heller said.

"I grew up in Carson City. I've been in Carson City since I was 9 months old," he said. "When I was in elementary school, middle school, I grew up with (former Gov. and Sen. Paul) Laxalt's kids. We spent a lot of time in the governor's mansion for that reason."

[...]

"I mean the governor's mansion has been part of my life for my whole life," he said. "And to some day have the ability to govern the state, yes, it would be something that I would desire to do."


You've gotta hand it to him. He's really one awesome guy. I mean, who'd have thought that Dean Heller would tell us barely 4 months into his term as a member of Congress that he really wants another job. Wow! Geez, Congressman, do you want to hand the election to us? Really?

Or as a seemingly dumbfounded Republican Erik Herzik puts it:

"I might not have said in my first term that I was looking at another job, but in his defense, he always has said serving Nevada as governor was a key goal," said Eric Herzik, a political science professor at the University of Nevada, Reno.

So, let's do Heller a favor. Let's send him back to Carson City. Can't blame him, it's a nice city. But he better look for a new job. And, hey, it ain't gonna be in the Governor's Mansion!

And let's elect someone who actually wants to represent the wonderful people of Nevada and their interests in Washington. Heller sure ain't this person. His constituency is the constituency of one: his own career.


No comments: